LIONS FOUNDATION OF CANADA DOG GUIDES
Lions Foundation of Canada Dog Guides and its founding program, Canine Vision Canada, was established in 1983. It’s the largest school of its kind in Canada with its training school in Oakville and breeding facility in Breslau.
REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD SPAY OR NEUTER YOUR PET
Why It’s Important
There are too many unwanted, unloved pets in the world. It’s not only heartbreaking, but cruel and unacceptable. Spreading awareness and educating others about the importance of spaying or neutering your pet can help everyone become more responsible and caring pet owners as well as offer significant health benefits to your pet.
Trivia fact: Male animals are “neutered” and female animals are “spayed”.
The Benefits and Importance of Spaying or Neutering
- Promote health
- Increase lifespan
- Reduce risk of cancer
- Prevent unwanted pregnancies and unwanted pets
- Eliminate costs of unwanted pets
- Help prevent or reduce aggression
- Reduce risk of contracting infections
- Reduce the number of shelter animals
- Help prevent or reduce behavioural issues
- Help prevent the development of diseases
- Reduce likelihood of (or interest in) roaming
- Reduce number of animals that need to be euthanized
- Prevents females from going into heat
- Reduces distress and pseudopregnancies which can be caused by recurrent heat
- Eliminates the need for medicines (with possible side effects) that suppress heats
- Eliminate uterine infections (pyometra) and reproductive tract cancers.
As you can see, it’s a long, relevant list that benefits both puppies and kittens, as well as adult dogs and cats directly, not to mention other animals, and also humans indirectly.
GOOD TO KNOW
Recovery is usually rapid and the relevant procedure only needs to be performed once in a pet’s life. You should speak to your veterinarian about the best time to book your pet in for spaying or neutering as optimal timing can vary between different species and breeds.