LIONS FOUNDATION OF CANADA DOG GUIDES
Lions Foundation of Canada Dog Guides and its founding program, Canine Vision Canada, was established in 1983. It’s the largest school of its kind in Canada with its training school in Oakville and breeding facility in Breslau.
Recipe: Pet Treats For Halloween
Halloween means sugar and spice and all things nice; lots of candy and everything coated in chocolate with icing, which no pet should eat. That does not mean our furry friends have to miss out on all the fun. Make these homemade treats for your pet to join in the excitement of celebrating Halloween.
🎃 Homemade Halloween Cookies for Kitties
1 cup white flour
¼ cup soy flour
3 tablespoons soft margarine
1 tablespoon cod liver oil
¼ cup water
5 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 150 °C (300°F).
- Mix the margarine, cod liver oil, water and parmesan cheese together in a bowl.
- Add both white flour and soy flour and combine to form a dough.
- Roll dough out to approximately 6 mm (¼ -inch) thickness.
- Using small Halloween-themed cookie cutters, cut out the dough in different shapes.
- Bake on an ungreased oven tray until golden brown (approx. 20-25 min).
- Allow cookies to cool before serving to kitty!
🎃 Homemade Halloween Pumpkin & Peanut Butter Treats for Pooches
½ cup fresh or canned pumpkin
½ cup peanut butter
2 ½ cups whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 teaspoons cinnamon
½ cup water (as needed)
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C (350°F).
- Whisk pumpkin, peanut butter, wheat flour, baking powder and cinnamon together in a bowl.
- Add water as needed, until the dough is dry and stiff.
- Roll the dough out to approx. 1.2 cm (½ -inch) thickness.
- Using Halloween-themed cookie cutters, cut out the dough in different shapes.
- Bake on an oven tray for about 40 min until the cookies are hard.
- Allow cookies to cool before serving to your pooch!