LIONS FOUNDATION OF CANADA DOG GUIDES
Lions Foundation of Canada Dog Guides and its founding program, Canine Vision Canada, was established in 1983. It’s the largest school of its kind in Canada with its training school in Oakville and breeding facility in Breslau.
HERE’S HOW TO IMPROVE YOUR CAT’S WELL-BEING
HOW TO IMPROVE YOUR CAT’S PHYSICAL WELL-BEING
There is a common misconception that cats are low-maintenance pets. They’re not high-maintenance pets, but they need certain things. A lot of these responsibilities are easy to uphold and become routine; others only require occasional attention.
Keep your cat physically healthy through:
- Frequent appropriate exercise
- Routine feline parasite prevention
- Yearly check-ups and veterinary visits when needed
- A healthy, nutritious diet suited to your cat’s needs
- Decent oral health to prevent gum and tooth diseases
- Basic home health checks (e.g. check for ear discharge)
- Making sure there is always clean water in a clean water bowl
- Kitten vaccinations followed by recommended booster vaccinations
- Grooming: Brushing, bathing and nail clipping as often as recommended
- Keep your cat away from feline toxins (certain foods, household items, medicines, plants, etc.)
VIEW POISON DANGERS FOR CATS HERE
Besides behavioural benefits, neutering and spaying can help prevent disease and aggression in cats. The procedure only needs to be performed once and rapid recovery is typical.
How to Improve Your Cat’s Mental Well-being
If you want to reduce boredom, offer stress relief and curb unfavourable behaviour, you need to provide mental stimulation. To improve your cat’s mental health, try the following:
- Obedience training and tricks
- Wide variety of regular cat toys
- Toys with puzzle treat dispensers
- Exercises and games that stimulate the mind
Don’t forget to reward your cat with affection and treats!
How to Improve Your Cat’s Social and Emotional Well-being
- Socialize your cat
- Schedule daily playtime
- Show love and affection
- Don’t leave your cat alone for too long
- Protect your cat from stressful situations
- Talk to an animal behaviourist if necessary
Leave them with worthy caretakers when going on holiday