LIONS FOUNDATION OF CANADA DOG GUIDES
Lions Foundation of Canada Dog Guides and its founding program, Canine Vision Canada, was established in 1983. It’s the largest school of its kind in Canada with its training school in Oakville and breeding facility in Breslau.
Recipe: Basic Dog Biscuits
These biscuits can be customized to cater to your canine’s palate by adding bacon bits, liver powder or shredded cheese.
- 2 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour (can be substituted with regular flour or oats)
- pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- 1 Tablespoon of beef or chicken stock granules
- 1⁄2 cup hot water
Optional: Add bacon bits, liver powder, shredded cheese (unless your dog is lactose intolerant)
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- Dissolve stock in hot water
- Add remaining ingredients
- Knead dough until it forms a ball
- Roll dough until 1cm thick
- Cut into slices or bone shapes (using a bone shaped cookie cutter)
- Place on lightly greased cookie sheet
- Bake for 30 minutes
- Preparation: 30-40 minutes
- Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: ± 60 minutes
- Servings: ± 20 biscuits, depending on size of biscuits!
*Consult with your veterinarian about any allergies your dog may have.