LIONS FOUNDATION OF CANADA DOG GUIDES
Lions Foundation of Canada Dog Guides and its founding program, Canine Vision Canada, was established in 1983. It’s the largest school of its kind in Canada with its training school in Oakville and breeding facility in Breslau.
RECIPE: SOFT TREATS FOR OLDER DOGS
A recipe using baby foods that’s perfect for older dogs.
- 1 jar chicken, ham, turkey or beef-flavoured baby food
- 4 teaspoons dry milk powder
- 4 teaspoons dry cream of wheat; Nestum or Cerelac
Veggie or combo treats:
- 1 jar baby food in any flavour your dog likes
- 6 ½ teaspoons dry milk powder
- 6 ½ teaspoons cream of wheat
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Use two large baking trays and line with baking paper.
- In a small bowl, mix all the ingredients together. The batter should be shapeable, not too thin, as long as it will form a ball.
- Allow the mixture to rest at room temperature for about 15 minutes.
- Wet your hands and form small balls and place on baking tray. Use a fork dampened with water and press the balls into a flat disc, about half a centimeter.
- Bake for 15 minutes, remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Store the treats in the refrigerator for up to a month or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Different brands of baby food may contain different amounts of water, therefore add little extra and equal amounts of additional dry ingredients if necessary (dry milk powder & dry cream of wheat). Adding too much of the dry ingredients will create harder treats.
* Consult with your veterinarian about any allergies your dog may have.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: ±45 minutes